I. Information We Collect About You Some of the information we collect about you identifies you. If it identifies you, we call it “Personal Information.” Personal Information does not include any information that is publicly available or information that has been anonymized to the point where a specific individual or household cannot be identified from the remaining information. If we associate non-identifiable information with information that identifies you, we will treat it as Personal Information.
We only collect and use your Personal Information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. The information we collect can come from information you provide, information we collect through automated means, information we collect from other sources, and information we infer.
A. Information You Provide.
- Profile Information. When you register on the Site, we will need to collect demographic and personal details about you. The Personal Information you provide may include the following: • Personal details, including your name, address, email address, phone number, or other identifiers; • Account information, such as your user name and the password you use to access our Services; • Information we associate with you, including information you provide in our questionnaire that we use to create customized art for you (“Questionnaire Information”); and • Other Personal Information you choose to provide us when you interact with us. You are responsible for the accuracy of the Personal Information that you submit. You can choose whether you provide Personal Information to us, but if you do not provide it to us, we may not be able to offer certain features of the Services.
- NFT Purchase Data. For you to make a purchase of a unique NFT collectible known as a Munko (“Munko NFT”) or pay for a product and/or a service via bank transfer, we will also collect: • Your crypto wallet address; • Which Munko NFTs you purchase and the amounts you pay for each Munko NFT; and • Other information to facilitate the transaction or verify your identify.
- Other Information. When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question. Note that our ability to resolve your question could be dependent upon you disclosing the information we require. B. Information We Collect Automatically.
- Usage and Device Information. When you use our Services, we automatically collect certain browser or device-generated information by using various types of technology (“Usage Information”). This information includes, but is not limited to: • Your IP address or other device addresses or IDs; • Web browser and/or device type; • The pages or other content you view or interact with on the Services; • The server from which you are accessing our Services; and • The date, time, and place of accessing our Services. We may also use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you have opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
- Analytics. We may work with different companies that offer services that can assist us in better understanding how users interact with and use the Services. For example, we may use a product called Google Analytics by permitting Google to use technologies such as web beacons and cookies to collect certain non-personally identifiable information that helps us understand your use of our Services. We may permit Google and other analytics providers to combine information collected through our Services with information collected from third-party services, and these analytics providers may use this information to help us better understand our users. These analytics providers may also use this information to help their other customers better understand their users.
- Verification Information. In accordance with the applicable law, we or our service providers may obtain information about you from public databases, credit bureaus and ID verification service providers for the purpose of verifying your identity. Such information may include name, address, publicly available information, credit history, status on any sanctions’ lists maintained by public authorities, and other relevant data. We obtain such information to comply with our legal obligations, such as anti-money laundering laws. In some cases, we may process additional data about you to assess risk and ensure our Services are not used fraudulently or for other illicit activities.
A. To Provide Services. We may share Personal Information as necessary to provide our Services, complete a transaction, market the Services to you, or fulfill your requests. For example, we work with third party service providers to help us provide the Services and we may need to share your information with them so they can fulfill their obligations to us. We may share your information to monitor, improve, or better market our Services such as with third party cookie providers. B. To Manage Our Business.
- Related Parties and Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company.
- Service Providers and Professional Advisors. We work with third party service providers to help us provide the Services and to assist us in operating our business. For example, service providers are used in areas such as email management and deployment, analytics, marketing, advertising, market research, identity validation, content distribution, customer service, payment fulfillment, logistics, website maintenance, and data storage and security, and we share your Personal Information so they can fulfill their obligations to us. We may also share your Personal Information with our professional advisors such as our legal representatives or insurance brokers.
- Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement. We will disclose your Personal Information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We will also disclose your Personal Information to respond to a physical threat to you or others or to defend or assert legal rights of us or others. We may disclose your Personal Information to credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you.
- Dispute Resolution. We will disclose your Personal Information as necessary to resolve disputes, inquiries or complaints. We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe you have violated the Munko Terms.
- Business Transfers. We may also share your information in the event we are transferred or sold to another entity as a result of a corporate sale, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Other Sharing of Personal Information. We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (a) take precautions against liability, (b) protect us or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (c) investigate and defend us against any third-party claims or allegations, (d) protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available, or (e) protect our property or other legal rights, or the rights, property, or safety of others. C. The Public Blockchain. When you purchase a Munko NFT through the Services, certain data about you will be recorded on a public blockchain. This data includes, but is not limited to, your wallet address, certain personal details (e.g., accounts, usernames, email addresses, etc.), and financial information. Some jurisdictions may consider this Personal Information. Even if this information is not Personal Information, you should know that public blockchains are distributed ledgers, intended to immutably record transactions across wide networks of computer systems. Many blockchains are open to forensic analysis or other technologies which can deanonymize your information and unintentionally reveal Personal Information, especially when blockchain data is combined with other data. Because blockchains are decentralizes or third-party networks that are not controlled or operated by us, we are not able to erase, modify, or alter your Personal Information from such networks, even if you ask us to. You understand that we cannot control how other people or entities use your Personal Information on the public blockchain. Because this information is distributed to a decentralized ledger, you will not be able to make it private again, even if you ask us to. You hereby consent to the use and disclosure of information about you (including your Personal Information) to effect the purchase of the Munko NFT. Specifically, but not limited to, you hereby consent to our disclosing such information to third parties and the public blockchain. You hereby acknowledge that you understand that subsequent holders of this information have their own practices and policies regarding use and disclosure of the information (including your Personal Information) and we cannot control or limit future uses or disclosures of this information.
Be aware that certain Personal Information and other information in connection with your use of the Services may be stored on your device (even if we do not collect that information). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
A. Marketing Communications and Commercial Email Opt-Out. When you create an account with us, unless you opt-out, we will use your email address to deliver digital communications from us or our advertisers or sponsors. When you communicate with us through any means such as chat or email, we may use your contact details for marketing communications. You can unsubscribe from email and other digital communications by following the instructions in the communication or by sending a request to us using the contact information listed below or through the Contact Us link provided at the bottom of every page of the Site. If you opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
B. Applicable Law. Subject to applicable law, you may have different rights regarding our use of your information. For example, you may have the following rights: • Right to request access to and to check what Personal Information we maintain about you; • Right to request copies of your Personal Information; • Right to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information; • Right to have your Personal Information deleted; • Right to request restriction of the collection, processing, or use of information about you; • Right to request data portability; • Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and • In some cases, the right to object to our processing of your information and to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information. You can perform many of these actions by logging-in and making the desired change.
When you request the deletion of your information, object or withdraw your consent to the processing of your information, we may not be able to provide all the features of the Services to you. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to the Services from our servers.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us at email@example.com or through the Contact Us link provided at the bottom of every page of the Site. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Please see the Special Notice for California Consumers and Special Notice for International Users for more information about rights that apply to residents of certain geographic locations.
VII. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers that are stored on a computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or other device (each, a “Device”), which collect information about your activity, browser, and Device. A “web beacon” (sometimes referred to as pixels and tags) is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email, and is used to track activity.
We may use both session (for the duration of your visit) and persistent (for the duration of a fixed period of time) cookies and tracking technologies. A cookie does not provide us with access to your computer or to Personal Information beyond what you provide to us.
Some cookies are necessary to use the Services, and these cannot be disabled. Other cookies are not required to use our Services and may be disabled or deleted, but this may prevent you from properly using the Services. Most browsers allow you to adjust your cookie settings.
Additionally, we may implement third party buttons, such as Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, or Discord, which might include widgets such as the “Share This” button or other interactive mini programs. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Service, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Information collected through these web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and we do not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third-party in this manner is subject to that third-party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
VIII. How Your Information is Secured. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. For example, when you enter Personal Information, we encrypt the transmission of that information or use secure connections.
Despite efforts to protect your Personal Information, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the internet may be intercepted.
If we learn of a security system breach, then we may attempt to notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing, and we will follow all applicable laws.
IX. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information. We will retain your Personal Information as long as your Account is active and as needed to provide you Services. At any time, you can remove your Personal Information or instruct us to remove it, but you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers. See “Your Choices and Rights” for more information on how you can remove your Personal Information.
Even though you may make changes or request deletion of your Personal Information, we may retain all information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- Right to Access and Right to Know Your Personal Information. You may have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request: • the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you; • the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; • our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; • the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; • the specific pieces of information we have collected about you; and • the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You may have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by: • Denying you goods or services; • Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; • Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or • Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your Personal Information.
- Requests to exercise your rights. You may request to exercise these rights by: • Completing our form at [insert link] • Submitting a request at firstname.lastname@example.org As required or permitted under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
Covered Persons have the rights described in sections (1) through (4) below:
- Right of access, rectification, erasure, and restriction of processing: You may obtain access to your Personal Information stored by us. If we process or use your Personal Information, we shall endeavor to ensure, by implementing suitable measures, that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date for the purposes for which it was collected. If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may obtain the rectification of such Personal Information. You may obtain the erasure or restriction of processing of your Personal Information in situations where no legitimate business purpose exists, or the further storage is unnecessary.
- Right to data portability: You may receive the Personal Information that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format or transmit this information to another controller.
- Right to object: You may object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information. To the extent your Personal Information is processed for reasons other than direct marketing, you understand and agree that we have compelling legitimate reasons for information processing, such as providing access to our Services. You may use ad-blocking software to limit information capture and usage. Making a request does not guarantee that the request will be honored.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you consented to the collection or processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw your consent without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com.